As the central cooperation platform for patient-oriented clinical research in Switzerland, the Swiss Clinical Trial Organisation (SCTO) is committed to high-quality and independent information and adhere to the overall principles of making clinical trial data transparent. Furthermore, we advocate for greater dialogue and collaboration between all parties involved.
To this end, we pursue a range of activities, including:
- dedicating our annual event, the SCTO Forum 2021, to the topic of communicating clinical research results. COVID-19 will serve as an example for the major challenge of knowledge transfer from clinical research professionals to patients/the public and vice versa. How can we do better? A comprehensive public report will summarise the main takeaways from the discussions, and presentations can be listened to as a podcast afterwards.
- continuing to support swissethics in their information activities by providing feedback from our network and giving practical input on their guidance documents.
In addition, we regularly provide information about:
- Swiss participation in the international SOLIDARITY trial
- contributions made by our network, the Clinical Trial Units (CTUs) at Swiss hospitals.
- clinical research in Switzerland in general; for all media enquiries, please visit our media section.
- Joint Guidance of Swissmedic and swissethics on the management of clinical trials with medicinal drug products in Switzerland during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Our COVID-19 section Swiss participation in the international SOLIDARITY trial
- Our COVID-19 section How are the Clinical Trial Units in our network involved?