The SCTO is holding its annual symposium together with the Inselspital (Bern University Hospital), the University of Bern, and sitem-insel AG (Swiss Institute for Translational and Entrepreneurial Medicine). For the tenth time, we will explore the challenges and solutions that lie ahead in clinical research in an international context.
Local and international speakers will share their perspectives on medical devices (MDs) in clinical development and address the following important questions:
- What are the specific challenges of MDs in translational medicine?
- New laws and regulations for the clinical development of MDs: What is the current situation in Europe?
- Where do we stand in Switzerland?
- What training is needed and what is currently available?
Furthermore, researchers from Switzerland will share
- an academic success story of MD translational development and
- a case study of patient-driven MD development
And finally, an Oxford-style debate will reveal arguments for and against the statement: “Only (randomised) clinical trials generate sufficient evidence to finally put a MD (class III) on the market” (Or to what extent can real-world evidence replace them?)